To configure GroupMail to send messages through Gmail’s SMTP server, follow these instructions:
1. Open GroupMail and click on “Tools”, “Account Manager” and click “New” to create a new sender account.
2. Complete the User Information on the Account Properties screen using your Gmail email address as the “From” address.
3. Click on the “Delivery Options” tab and enter smtp.gmail.com as the SMTP server and check the “Requires Authentication” box. Click Setup.
4. Check the “Use SMTP Authentication (outbound) box, keeping “AUTH Login (default)” and enter your full Gmail email address and password for that account. Click OK.
5. Click on the Advanced button at the bottom of the “Delivery Options” screen and change the SMTP Port from 25 to 587 and check the “Server Requires an SSL Connection” box (keeping the default STARTTLS setting). Click OK.
6. Test your settings by clicking the Test button at the bottom of the “Delivery Options” screen and “Test” again.
7. Close the Test screen and click OK on the Account Properties screen to save your settings.
If you have more than one Gmail account, you can create a new GroupMail Sender Account for each Gmail account that you have.